Monday, January 20, 2014

First Take Live Blog January 20, 2014

11:59 "I'm also suing Jackie Robinson for breaking into the major leagues, which is what led to this situation in the first place."

11:59 "I'm suing steroids for being inside of me."

11:54 KD is Stephen A.'s MVP

11:53 Kobe? Haha, why would Skip take Kobe over KD right now? Too injury-prone.

11:50 PREDICTION: KD will cool off once Russell Westbrook comes back.

11:47 I can't believe we're about to have another KD segment, THREE DAYS after he dropped the points. Just because it's the first First Take doesn't mean that we have to talk about it like it's news. It's old news, and also now Stephen A. will rant. We can't go one show without Stephen A. talking about KD.

11:42 Tim Hasselbeck makes the point that Champ Bailey and Richard Sherman behave in completely different manners. I must agree that we should be talking about the play, not the comments afterwards. It was an amazing play, and unfortunately nobody is talking about it.

11:35 Stephen A. counteracted Tim in a really good way: made the point that Denver only put up 26, so Talib argument doesn't hold up when compared to the fact that the Patriots' offensive performance wasn't up to par.

11:21 Tom Brady: 8-8 in last 16 playoff games

11:20 Ok, so Tim Hasselbeck thinks that Aqib Talib was a bigger factor in the loss than Tom Brady. I trust him more than Skip Bayless.

11:17 Thank you, Tim Hasselbeck. Skip is ridiculous to say that Pete Carroll's game plan of 0 blitzes came from Joe Montana.

11:15 Trey Wingo brings up a good point. Kaepernick shouldn't even have thrown the ball to the end zone on first down with 2 timeouts.

11:12 I have to disagree a bit with Joe Montana's criticism of Colin Kaepernick. I think that his being good at running and mobility is still excellent and important for a team, and not every quarterback can be like Tom Brady or Peyton Manning, as Tim Hasselbeck just said.

11:05 "He's not a quilt." -Stephen A. Smith.

11:04 I'm glad Roger Goodell will sit outside during the Super Bowl.

11:03 I think the NFL should just say that everything is reviewable. What's the problem with that? Why do they keep adding things season after season while leaving some things unreviewable?

10:58 Next topic up: Should the NFL change its rules on whether possession of a fumble is reviewable?

10:56 Exactly. Sherman and the defense might be able to stop Peyton Manning's offense, but probably will give the Seattle offense bad field position.

10:55 Tom Brady said before yesterday's game that six of the defensive starters for Denver were different from who he saw in Foxborough in November.

10:54 Anybody who's betting should wait for the weather report.

10:49 Stephen A. is right. No one knows right now who should be favored. Weather will play a huge role.

10:42 I agree with Stephen A. that the NFL promotes quarterbacks and other offensive stars more than defensive backs and that this is why Richard Sherman feels that he is not getting enough attention.

10:36 I agree with Mike Greenberg's tweet https://twitter.com/Espngreeny/status/425251333164130304

10:35 I do not think this is extracurricular. I am actually surprised that Stephen A. agrees with Skip. Oh, I didn't know he did the choke sign I missed that. I thought they were just talking about the Erin Andrews interview.

10:33 I disagree with Skip. I don't thing that Richard Sherman went too far. Going too far would have been giving an expletive-laced rant and saying things about Crabtree's character or mother. Calling him a sorry receiver is not classless because that's what he thinks.

10:26 Skip Bayless: "Tom Brady should be the NFL MVP. Aqib Talib is better than Richard Sherman."

10:25 Welker says he was not aiming to harm.

10:24 Wow, I didn't even realize that they were averaging 1 point a quarter through the first three.

10:20 How can Skip say that 36-to-24 TOP is somehow in favor of his Talib argument? TOP is the New England offense's fault, too, for not converting first downs.

10:18 I'm glad that Stephen A. is ripping into Skip on the Pats' offense. What does Talib's injury have anything to do with the Pats' offense sucking?

10:15 "A deliberate play by the receiver [to take out Talib], who make no attempt to get open. I'll let the league handle the disciplinary action on that. Worst play I've ever seen." -Bill Belichick, talking about Wes Welker

10:14 I cannot believe that Skip Bayless says the game ended when Talib went out.

10:10 Vernon Davis was definitely a no-show. I don't know that he should be called soft. But he was not there last night.

10:08 I gree with Skip Bayless that San Francisco might be better than Seattle on a neutral field. The thing is, homefield advantage was earned by Seattle. A potential neutral field matchup was irrelevant.

10:07 Stephen A. is right. The key play of the game that was the dagger was more the defense's fault and not Kaepernick's. The 4th down free play touchdown.

No comments:

Post a Comment