Friday, January 10, 2014

First Take Live Blog January 10, 2014

11:58 I'm glad Red McCombs apologized. I think Charlie is a Strong hire for Texas.

11:50 I have to look at this interview and give my own opinion later. Skip says Jay looked like deer-in-the-headlights. Wow. I'd be surprised it that were actually true.

11:47 I don't agree with Stephen A. Smith that Andy Dalton has regressed. I don't know what he's saying.

11:40 Skip Bayless needs to stop talking about his being a Vanderbilt alum. It's so irrelevant to the situation at hand.

11:34 James Franklin should not be the Penn State coach because if this Vanderbilt rape case goes to trial, he will be subpoenaed to testify, and Penn State does not want the shadow of another trial going on. Even if he did not ask a student to delete cellphone video, it will just bring too much attention to Penn State that Penn State does not want and did not have under Bill O'Brien.

11:30 NUMBER YOU CAN'T DEBATE Last night KD was the only player with more than 13 points on his team. Basketball is a team sport, not an individual sport.

11:27 NUMBER YOU CAN'T DEBATE Unless Peyton goes undefeated for the rest of his life in the playoffs, he will set a record with at least 12 postseason losses.

11:25 "San Diego's seen Peyton two Sundays." -Darren Woodson. What are you saying man? They won on a Thursday.

11:17 Wow I didn't know about the weather tomorrow in Seattle. This significantly changes the blowout I was expecting. I do think though that Seattle will still win.

11:05 I find it funny that Suh and Calvin are the #1 and #2 most feared players according to an espn.com NFL Nation survey, and they aren't in the playoffs. I agree with Smith that it doesn't matter if they're not in the playoffs, but I disagree with both of them that Caldwell would be a good coach for the team. Caldwell was never good in Indianapolis. He just had Peyton. Did you see what happened when Peyton was injured??

10:57 "In the end, Andrew Luck will be a first-ballot hall of famer"??? what? how can you start predicting this in his second year?

10:52 Skip brings up good ponits about the Oakland, Miami, Arizona, Cincinnati, San Diego, and St. Louis games by Indy, but I think Luck plays well in the big games. I've gotta take the Colts in this game.

10:48 NUMBER YOU CAN'T DEBATE While Brady is 17-7 all-time in postseason, he's 7-7 in the last 14.

10:44 Skip Bayless is not making any sense. He just talked the Patriots down so much explaining how they have no receivers and they're decimated, and then proceeded to say Patriots 37, Colts 34, without saying a word in his argument about tte Indianapolis Colts.

10:36 What is going on. Stephen A. Smith said he's going to go to Knicks/76ers Saturday night rather than watching Colts at Patriots.

10:33 This is very interesting. Stephen A. Smith says that the Knicks want to play the Heat in the playoffs, and that they would go 7, and the only reason they lost last year was because it was the Pacers!!

10:31 I didn't consider that JR Smith didn't know he was benched and was waiting to go in the whole game. That's an interesting decision by Mike Woodson, and I don't know that that's a good tactic. Clearly it worked though.

10:27 I'm glad Stephen A. Smith is praising Carmelo and the Knicks after reviling both 'Melo and the entire franchise yesterday. Stephen A. Smith says the reason the Knicks won is because they played for Woodson's benching of Smith, endorsing it. That's an interesting take that I never thought of.

No comments:

Post a Comment